Hiring new staff can be challenging and stressful. You know you have to interview a candidate but figuring out exactly what to ask to get the information you need can be hard. So, we’ve talked to clinicians, and our very own HR department to give you the top five questions you should ask a potential candidate.
- What experience do you have working with an inter-professional practice team? Do you enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team? Why?
- Tell me what motivates you and how you remain motivated and focused at work?
- Have you ever decided to learn something new at work without being asked? Why did you choose to learn it? What was the benefit of your learning?
- Tell me about a time when you had to communicate difficult or challenging information to a patient. What was the message? How did you deliver it? What was the outcome?
- How would you describe your comfort level with computers, email, and electronic charting systems: beginner, intermediate or advanced? What systems and programs are you familiar with?
Now that you’ve asked the right questions and found the perfect clinician to round out your team, you need to keep them. Extended health benefits are a great way to add value to your employment package. Learn more about adding affordable Benefits to your employment packages.